So I got to get away for a nice 4-day excursion to see my girlfriend in Phoenix! What a lovely break from routine and from the horrrrrible weather we were having in Michigan. My hubby was so great, and my parents were around one of the days to assist, so that was nice of them. But to him, "piece of cake". He's a good one!!!!
Highlights of the trip (please note most of these things center around food):
- Ross: a pair of sassy Etienne Aigner shoes for $20?? Shut the front door!
- Sweet Tomatoes: I am sure people who have these restaurants take them for granted. Do you KNOW how hard it is to find a good salad bar in the Detroit area???? I could have stayed here all day.
- Ginger Lychee Mojitos and eel & avocado rolls at Sushi Roku = yumz.
- The Desert Botanical Gardens:
- The Crazies: Loves me some zombie-types AND Timothy Olyphant (who is now, consequentially, officially on my top 5 laminated card). A winning combination.
- Smeeks: been wanting to visit here ever since Nie Nie's post and even MORE after seeing her more recent post (featuring Heather's sweet birthday banner)!
- QCumberz: got an awesome little strawberry creamer and these sweet arse AZ postcards:
- The Parlor Pizzeria: was an old beauty salon turned super cool pizza parlor! Even have the original chairs up at the bar. Our fave was the funghi (truffle oil & mushrooms) with added bacon!
- And finally, the best part, my FF: