Monday, April 28, 2008

The Impending Arrival

It's me. I promise that after next Sunday, I will try to post more frequently. Vivi is set to come out in 3 days! This last month has really dragged. Wanted to show you this sweet print I picked up on Etsy. My Q and V:

Got it from Sara's shop. She has different colors, kid styles, etc. to choose from. So sweet.

So I'm all disappointed in myself. Remember how I hinted about something a few weeks ago?? Well, I received an email from a woman who is producing a PBS pilot about DIY Crafting from a Recycling POV. She currently produces Knit & Crochet Today on PBS.

She said she liked my Etsy shop and asked if I would consider being on the show doing a step-by-step craft project on air. The show shot last Thursday, and I told her about my being PG but that I would be game. Also mentioned I didn't know how much recycling was involved in my craftin', but that I could come up with one to fit the bill. She said she'd get back to me.

Didn't hear back from her until last Sunday (4 days from the show). Sounded like they were kind of dropping the recycling aspect, and she definitely wanted me to make one of my door knockers or magnet sets. Sigh. It was just too much for me last minute. Trying to train an intern and tie up loose ends at work, AND coming up with a project and buying the supplies in 4 days (all with feeling pretty icky)-- too much. So now I'm bummed, but I did tell her to keep me in mind for future episodes if that's how it turns out. She said she would, so that was cool.

Anywho, that's that. I prob won't post until after Vivian arrives. So keep your fingers crossed for us!!!! Thanks so much for everyone's words of encouragement and emails. You guys are the best. I've still been a faithful blog reader, so thank you all for keeping the creativity alive in my HEAD at least. I'm thinking the juice will start flowing when I'm home for the next 3 months. XOXOXOXOXOXO x infinity!!!!!

7 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

I'll be here waiting til you get back. HOpe all goes well, can't wait for a glimpse of your little Viv.

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh, good luck! Can't wait to see a new little sweet pea.

Jessie said...

Three more days?!!?? How exciting!!! I'll be thinking of you...

Janet Noe Rhoads said...

Hi there! I am new to your blog...just found it through Naomi's post. Just wanted to say congratulations and best wishes!! Vivian is one of my best friend's names and it is a stellar choice. ;) So many fun nicknames..Vivi, Viv, Viva. I am due with my first, a boy, in August. :) Anyway....VERY BEST WISHES!!!
janet
http://wishingstardesigns.typepad.com
http://wishingstardesigns.etsy.com

CynthiaAvaDevta said...

I'll be holding you in good thought and waiting to see pix of a precious little one. She'll be here soon. Her name seems perfect, too. Best to you and the family.

Cristin said...

I didn't know you were expecting... can't wait to see pics of Vivian!!

Cheshire Kat said...

So exciting! <3