UGH. I'm getting sick of Christmas crafting. I can't wait until Wednesday when I can just relax. In the past two days I have:
1. Made Christmas strawberries for my cousin and two daycare ladies.
2. Made two Peapod Viv ornaments from a drawing that Q made of her sis. I love it! She said, "Look, it's Viv, and she's in a peapod". I threw one out. I was so irritated with it. Even the one I'm keeping looks pretty Frankenstitch-ish, but oh well. I have two more to make for the grandparents.
3. Made reindeer food with Q (oatmeal with glitter) for her daycare buds. We stuck them in snack size baggies with a chocolate Santa into a mini felt stocking for each kid.
4. Colored stockings and glued cotton balls to the top with Q.
5. Made 3 of Danielle's Woodland Stuffie Ornaments. Yeahhhh, they were all so bad that I threw them out. After I took this picture (the stitching was horrendous but was well hidden here), I tried to iron them down again and burnt the muslin. I was/am so pissed. I'm starting over though.
6. Made Hello Dollies and sugar cookies for our neighbors (only 2 of them-- should have done one more, but I ran out of cookies because I burnt 1/2 a batch of the latter). There's a reason why the word "haphazard" is on my blog banner. It's true. Hello Dollies are the easiest and best bar cookie ever!
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch chips (I like 1/2 cup ea. of choc and butterscotch!)
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Spray 9"x9" pan with cooking spray. Mix crumbs and butter together and press into bottom of pan. Layer the coconut, chips, and nuts over crumbs and pour condensed milk over all. Bake at 325 degrees for 25ish minutes. Cool before cutting into squares. I like to put them in Xmas cupcake liners for giving! :)
7. Bleached/dyed bottle brush trees to make Quinn a waterless snow globe (thanks, Sarah!!!). I added a little vintage repro deer in the mix. He looks so cozy! I bought 10 of these in a pack from the DOLLAR STORE a few years back, and I cannot for the life of me find them again. I love them so!
8. Made a package topper for Danneel on Etsy. My first graphic design gig! I'm getting the hang of this Photoshop a little. I did have to scam on Heather's mailing label tutorial, and I use it as a reference all the time. I don't understand why things are not more simple on Photoshop. It should NOT be that hard to add a dotted border around some text. Maybe it's just me.
9. Made another set of squirrelly notecards for my friend/neighbor. I love her because she's really sweet, she always thinks of the girls and gets them the nicest toys, and she works in child development, so she always talks about how advanced my kids are. I don't really believe her, but it's awesome she says it anyway! Ha.
10. And last, but not least, wrapped gifts and printed up a bunch of The Black Apple's super cute gift tags to go on them. I had fun wrapping/tagging whilst watching Love, Actually.
Twerd Update: Are you all Team Taylor or Team Michael??? I'm curious to see how this pans out. I sort of feel bad for Taylor Lautner, but damn, Michael Copon is a hottie. Also, have you seen? Robert cut his hair!!!!
Alright. I think I'm done for tonight. Time to go Irish up some hot cocoa. xo