Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sweets for the Sweets!

I tried my hand at candy making for the first time in 8 years. In 2001, I made 125 white chocolate wedding cakes with raspberry flavoring in my tiny apartment kitchen that didn't even have a full-sized fridge or oven. I had my technique down pat by the end.

I have had this vintage button candy mold from Amanda for awhile and finally whipped up a batch to include in my Etsy orders.

I kinda forgot I shouldn't overfill the molds. There is a nice ring around the edges of all my "buttons". Eh, they still taste good. So Angela in Chicago, these are on their way (with your key fob, of course).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute are these! i hope you made chocolate buttons.

Veronica said...

Hey- those are really cute!

amanda bel said...

Oh, those red buttons look gorgeous! I'm so glad you're enjoying your goodies (and don't feel bad, I always overfill the molds too!)
~Amanda