Monday, November 9, 2009

Autumn Sweater




Halloween has come and gone. I'm hoping snow holds off for awhile. Fall is my favorite season, and we get far too little of it.

These pics are from our anniversary mini-getaway. Thanks, by the way, to everyone who sent us congratulatory anni wishes! We had a wonderful time sans kids, and they in turn had a wonderful time with their grandparents.

Now we just wait for Thanksgiving and then Christmas which will also be here and gone before we know it. In the meantime, my husband has put together a nice little cozy warm playlist and called it "Autumn Sweater", and I thought I'd share. I must admit that I added the last three songs because they are my current new faves. I'm sure many of you may guess why.

Here to Fall - Yo La Tengo
Cheated Hearts - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Time to Pretend - MGMT
Fake Empire - The National
Postcards from Italy - Beirut (Alli, this one's for you, how appropos! hee hee)
1901 - Phoenix
Autumn Sweater - Yo La Tengo
Favorite Song - KaiserCartel
Alone Again Or - Calexico
Possibility - Lykke Li
Friends - Band of Skulls
Violet Hour - Sea Wolf

If you give it a listen, let me know what you think.

Ryan has a good ear for music. He creates pretty good playlists and gives them awesome names like Dirty on Purpose or Mullet Proof Fence (we have a bizarre sense of humor). It's funny to me, but he doesn't remember liking music much until college when he discovered The Beatles.

For me, I can remember being 7 years old and going with my brother to a record shop and stocking up on Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Pat Benetar and Stray Cats pin back buttons. He would buy the albums, and seeing certain covers like Clash's London Calling, Synchronicity by The Police and Culture Club's Kissing to be Clever certainly takes me back. Although it would be the Flashdance soundtrack that was my first ever album purchased. What are your first memories of music? What was the first album you ever bought?

1 comment:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Such pretty pictures! Your playlists sound awesome - I never make playlists anymore, and I kind of miss it (although my favorite part of mix tapes was always decorating the tape and case, which just isn't the same with digital playlists). I've gotta go listen to Postcards from Italy!