Wednesday, September 19, 2007

*Insert Maniacal Laugh Here*

Have I told you how much I love Halloween??? I do, I do, I do! Well, not as much as a co-worker who got married on Halloween in costume (she's now divorced), but pretty darn close. Did you know that it's only 41 days away? I've been buying things left and right to make some Halloween projects, but just have been too lazy to start. So I just made something little tonight...it's in my Etsy shop. It looks so cute across my fireplace, so I won't be *too* sad if it doesn't sell.

My friend, Dave, also bought some bags o' stuff at the last flea market we hit. He rifled through the bags and gave me a few odds and ends he thought I might appreciate. This guy being one.

He really scares the poop out of me. I believe he's daydreaming of chocolate treats. Or drinking my blood, I'm not sure. I think he will look smashing in a mini Halloween diorama, no? I picked up some black tinsel trim at my favorite dollar store today to line said diorama and also to adorn some treat pails.

Oh, one more thing to round out my Halloweenish post. I was birthday shopping for my niece today at Borders, and I came across some books I remember fondly from grade school by Alvin Schwartz, however I will NOT be getting them for her because they were rather disturbing (they would probably even disturb YOU, I'm not kidding), but I may end up buying them for myself. Last year, I bought Q a book called Tailypo that I loved as a kid, but I will wait a few more years before I freak her out. It's about a man who chops off a creature's tail, and the creature will not rest until he gets it back...even though it's in the man's stomach!!!! Wait for it.........MWAAHHHAA HAA HAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....


**I'm so excited! The lovely Naomi bought my banner! I will have another in my shop in the next few days in case anyone is interested**

6 comments:

Jessie said...

ahhhh, Sarah.... you're just too cute! You SO remind me of an actress friend of mine - and also Lauren Bowles (do you know of her from XM?)...

Sondra said...

Sarah-
I love scarey stuff too, but I think you've got me with the freaky little boy! I wrote back to you on my blog when you posted. I wondered if you are pushing reply when you respond to my emails? There are 3 l's in chilllyt@yahoo.com. Everyone always forgets the third one. I'm afraid you'r going to SPAM for some reason :( Try one more - please - and if it doesn't work I'll give you my work email. Thanks!!

Ladytink_534 said...

I remember those books! They were some of my favorites when I was still in elementary school.

Unknown said...

can't wait for my banner!!! yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

Halloween is such a fun holiday!

Melissa said...

Oooh, I love Scary Stories!