Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On Overload!

I’m so sorry my posts have been so sporadic. These next couple weeks are going to be crazy. I feel like I’m doing just *ok* on my DUCF stuff. I still need to make some more of these ornaments:

The 3D images don’t show up as well in the photo as they do in person. I just love all these images because they remind me of when I was a kid. In fact, if you haven’t noticed, most everything that I make is reminiscent of something I had or liked as a kid.

I also apologize that I haven’t been listing much handmade stuff in my shop. Starting November 16, I will be listing lots of new stuff including ornaments, dioramas, and stocking stuffers, so check back!

I am itching to show you some things I’m creating for my FIRST EVER swap, the Aqua & Red Swap! My swap partner, Holly, and I have been bonding over e-mail. I’m not sure if she reads my blog, but I will defer posting pics until after I send my package out. I jumped on the aqua/red color scheme because those are my signature Girl Land colors!

One thing I made this weekend acknowledges our mutual Twilight adoration (read: fixation), and I am soooo excited at how they turned out! I’m actually starting to understand Photoshop a bit better. It’s so overwhelming, but these little projects allow me to play around with the commands and such.

The other items I will send just happen to fall into the kitchen category. Here is a little sneak peek at one of the items I’m sending:


Well, hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. My cousin and I had 10th row seats for the So You Think You Can Dance Live Tour. My cousin is a big Twitch fan, I think Gev is adorable—I want to pick him up and put him in my pocket. He and Courtney had a cute little exchange on-stage which started with Courtney rebuffing Gev, Gev continuing to vie for her attention (by dressing up in traditional Russian and Viennese WOMEN’S garb no less), and ended with Courtney kissing an unsuspecting Gev (awwwwwwww). So dorky cute.

2 comments:

mommyholly said...

YES I read your blog!!!! :) Hehe I am soooo excited woo!!! xoxox!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous you got into the red and aqua vintage swap. I missed it by a day. So, I will have to live vicariously through you. :)

I enjoyed my visit to Girl Land!