Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Garden Sweet Garden!

I'm sorry, but I must call out the slobs that we bought our house from 6 years ago. I remember when the hubby brought me to the house for the first time. I was skeptical (wouldn't you be?), but after I saw the character inside, I was hooked! Brick fireplace, 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, built in cabinets, granite countertops...1200 square feet (ouch). Anyway, those people made out like BANDITS. We're the suckers.

Anyway, I digress. There was not one SHRED of landscaping at our house. So after 6 years, a free landscape plan from my Landscape Architect friend, several thousands of dollars in hardscape and softscape, and several trips to Eastern Market and Bordine's, I think we're pretty much done now! Well, except for replacing two lavenders that bit the big one after this freakish winter-summer-winter.

















New feet within my garden go,
New fingers stir the sod;
A troubadour upon the elm
Betrays the solitude.

New children play upon the green,
New weary sleep below;
And still the pensive spring returns,
And still the punctual snow!

~Emily Dickinson

No comments: