Saturday, July 7, 2007

Feeling Sentimental

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but some of you may know that my Grandma S. passed away about two months ago. Well, my Grandma K. also passed away about two weeks ago. It's now weird to think I have no more grandparents left. I will never go to their respective houses, never receive a $2.00 bill in the mail for my daughter's birthday, and I will never eat their chocolate cake with white frosting and walnuts anymore. It's surreal I think and still hasn't sunk in.

My parents are visiting from the west side of the state, and my mom brought me some items from Gram S's house that she thought I would like that really have no monetary value (my favorite type of things). My favorite thing (and I'm getting verklempt as we speak) is this antique green wooden box that my grandfather made when he was around 11 years old. It has his initials painted in gold and the date inscribed underneath (1932). Other items included old pictures, two 1950's tablecloths, and an apron with white rick rack trim that my Gram S. wore so much that the pockets were pulling away (my mom fixed them). The pinking shears shown were my Gram K's.

On another lil' sentimental note, I took this pic of Q today. She is filling a watering can that I used to have when I was about 3 or 4. It's not the same can cuz I think mine rusted out, but I found this one on ebay about 3 years ago. Anyway, I liked how the pictures turned out.

1 comment:

Sarah and Jack said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandmothers. My special Gran has been gone almost 10 years now. She raised me, and I miss her so much. I just know she and Jack would have adored each other.

That little box is really special.