Saturday, December 22, 2007

Running out of Red Sugar & Steam

So I'm making my Christmas Strawberries to take to my parent's tomorrow, and I'm running out of red decorator sugar. Plus, my "dough" is getting mushy, so I needed to put it back in the fridge for a bit, so I'm taking a break.


Jessie sent me the sweetest festive care package today! I had sent her just a few tiny things for coming in second in my Scared of Santa contest (well, plus I had something I wanted to send her for awhile now), and I got a return gifty. SO SWEET. Ok, first look how cute still wrapped. I'm sure she knew this vintage paper would be right up my alley!

Now, something dressy for something sweet:

And last, but certainly not least, indulging my obsession of Japanese fabrics! Filled with Puffs PLUS no less. My nose and I love it equally!

One final pic. I wanted to make an arrangement to take to my mom. It turned out less than spectacular. I wanted more height, but realized I didn't have enough flowers for more height. This is the third planter I attempted because the others were too large. Plus, I had to throw out some of the holly because it was browning. Sigh. But I think this is still acceptable. I like arranging flowers-- my grandma was a florist actually. It's so darn hard to do though! Usually my arrangements look pretty good from one angle (which is a no no), but oh well.

Off too fill stockings! We'll "open" stockings on Wed morning when we come home from visting both sets of parents.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Merry Christmas :)

Jessi Nagy said...

everything is glorious!!
Have a very merry christmas!
Jessi Nagy