Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Just Saying No

I really dislike telling people no. It’s not fun to me. At work, this kid asked me if he could rezone a residential property he was considering purchasing to commercial. He came to the counter yesterday in a tie for cryin’ out loud. He had such hope in his eyes and in his voice. After researching, I had to smack his dreams down…via e-mail. He wrote me back and said, “But…” and I had to slap them down again. I really didn’t enjoy it as much as it sounds.

On the converse, I did get to tell someone YES today (which doesn’t happen often), and I really played it up like I did them a favor. Like it actually had something to do with me and not the circumstances.

I tried to find an Etsy product to coordinate with this post for grins, but I was unsuccessful. However, I did find this Lloyd Dobbler finger puppet:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That movie is my absolute favorite in the whole entire world! I may actually need to buy that. Seriously!

Anonymous said...

You just made me laugh...making it sound like you did that person a favor. :D
Ah, yes, Lloyd Dobbler...I can't even count how many times I've seen that great movie on t.v. - and, we have it on DVD!
tammyCA