Monday, January 21, 2008

Quick Pics on MLK Day

Q and I had the day off today. We went to my friend's house and hung out with her teenage daughters and ate pizza for lunch. Yesterday, my parents came to visit. Q was so excited to see her "Gramma Grampa" and to show off her big girl room. We have now graduated into reading books in her big girl bed before going to sleep. That's something, I suppose.

Anywho, here are some fun things my mom brought. Some nice springy tulips with aster:

A really neat old book she picked up for me. Tons of different silhouettes inside:


And some pieces of silver that belonged to my grandmother from the early 1800's.


Oh, and my friend, Dave, just got back from Japan. He even spent New Year's Eve in Tokyo. He brought me back some yummy Pocky, some Miffy stickers and figure (which Q has already confiscated) and my favorite thing, this baby dressed up as an egg. It's a cell phone charm, but I want to figure out somewhere else to put it. It's so delightfully odd! He knows me so well. Wish I could read Japanese-- Joel, can you tell what this says???

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Lovely flowers and beautiful treasure :)

Anonymous said...

Pocky = yum.

PamKittyMorning said...

Love the baby as an egg. I have a bunch of Winnie the Pooh in things, including a clown fish, a bee and a mushroom. I'm not sure why but I've hung them off a variety of things, like lamps. Love all your goodies.