Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No New TV????

So apparently, due to the writer's strike, networks have given up hope that there will be any new shows this SEASON! This SEASON??!!! That means no new shows until next September. And even worse, that means February sweeps and beyond will be mainly nothing but reality TV. That's right, folks, reality TV-- my worst nightmare. Thank goodness for Lost which will come back on January 31. OK, I will admit to you that I did watch the first seasons of Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, and American Idol, but I cannot stomach the stuff anymore-- except So You Think You Can Dance, but I have to fast forward through the judge's comments. When Mindy Kaling first wrote about the strike, I was like, "Yeah! Give The Man hell!"-- now I'm like, "Get back to f'ing work, you greedy bastards." (I'm somewhat joking, but the thought of all reality television makes me super nutty...and irrationally ornery).

I started scanning some vintage Valentine images from my stash with the intent of getting some banners made (sorry, Naomi, I'm such a slacker). Thought this one was particularly odd. It was part of a 4 panel card "For Mother". More like, "Darling Mother, here's a dump I made in the shape of a valentine for you!!" WTF??


Happy Hump Day, yo.

2 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

I'm not happy about the television situation at all. Because it's a huge wasteland. WASTE.LAND. How many reruns of CSI can I watch. Thank God for Monk and Psych.. but that's 2 hours out of a week.

Love the card. You crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but there's only 8 episodes of Lost in the can, and number 8 is supposed to be a huge cliffhanger, leaving us Losties bereft of new stuff until the following January. I don't think I can do it.