Monday, January 28, 2008

NKOTB (OMG)


Not sure how I feel about this. A little old. Weird. Nostalgic. EMBARASSED thinking of how much time, money, and energy from my teenage years went into my NKOTB devotion. Shudder, shudder. Yeesh.

And if I don't feel old enough, we gave away a mattress set to a guy from our I.T. department last week (for free-- just to get it out of the house). So the guy calls my friend in another department to ask her if there's a restaurant I like, so he can give me a gift certificate-- very nice. Then he goes on to say it was nice of me to give away the mattress and for my son to help him load it on his van. Leigh says, "Her son?". He says, "Yeah, her teenage son". Ummmmmm, yeahhhhhhh. That would be my husband. My friend said she almost pissed her pants laughing.

First of all, Ryan does not look *that* young (although he always gets carded, and I never do). But second of all, I don't think I look old enough to have a teenage-- wait, theoretically, I guess I would only have to be 3 years older to have had a 16 year old son at age 20. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I'm going to sleep now. Don't wake me. Ever.

4 comments:

Cheryl Miller said...

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day! I know how awful that feels!
Cheryl

PamKittyMorning said...

Well sadly, I know EXACTLY how this kind of thing feels. EXACTLY.

Anonymous said...

I had the same reaction you did to this news, first I was a little creeped out by the idea of it and then I was left in disbelief that they actually think they will pull it off. Maybe it won't be the same participants, but a kind of Menudo sort of thing where it will indeed be "new kids" on the block. I don't know. I too was obsessed in my teens though, Donny Walhberg kissed my hand!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's Official! NKOTB is BACK! It's True!
I always was in love with New Kids On The Block!
You can listen to their new song 'Click Click Click' at www.NKOTBReunion.com
They still sound great! I Hope their new CD sounds just as good.