Sunday, June 24, 2007

Make Out Session #1!

Last night was the first skill sharing session with the MICE girls. It was so fun. Thank you, Heidi, Taryn, and Danielle! I was having flashbacks to my west Michigan 4-H roots when, at 12, I used to compete in our County fair in cross stitch, embroidery, baking (I made a mean snickerdoodle), cake decorating, geneology, and photography. I know it sounds hillbilly.


Anyway, I digress-- Taryn taught us to embroider strawberries, and her packets were so stinkin' cute! I think I was the only weirdo who was excited about the dotted swiss strawberries she had gotten at a thrift store. And I liked the gold rick rack around the extra piece of muslin. I live for stuff like that. My finished product left a bit to be desired, and I still need to fill them in and finish the leaves, but I loved doing it! I have some ideas for a few projects which I may or may not get to before DUCF (think anthropomorphic teeth!).

Danielle taught us how to etch glass! I never knew it was so easy. Well, WOULD be easy if I could sketch and use an exacto knife worth a damn. Mine kinda turned out kinda pathetic, but it was fun anyway. I was coveting Alison's deer head glass. You can see more of Danielle's pics here.

Well, a fun time was had by all. It was nice to get out of the house and be crafty with other girls and chow down and drink a little vino. Can't wait for the next one which may possibly be needle felting (!), but I have a sinking feeling that if it's in August, it's going to be on the 18th which I can't do (Brandy's wedding). So here's hoping for another date!

Hope all you loverly peoples had a good weekend! The unveiling of the new Girl Land website is impending! Huggles, and have a great week. Sarah

No comments: