Friday, June 8, 2007

Ode to Mia Sara


Yesterday morning when I was driving and then walking into work was very strange. The sky was a very funny color but it was sunny, it was very windy, there were a bunch of birds bein' loud, and there were pieces of cottonwood floating around. It totally reminded me of the movie Legend. Have you seen it? It’s a pretty bad movie, but I was 10 years old when it came out, and I loved it, so I still have an affinity for it. All you needed was a greasy Tom Cruise (yuck) and a dewy-faced Mia Sara, and you’d be all set. Except I think it was pollen floating around in the movie…not cottonwood.

Not to get off on a tangent, but I also have some strange fixation with Mia Sara. In fact, my favorite girl names are Mia, Sloane or Delphine (the latter two are names of two characters she played). I’m sounding stalkerazzi. I also have a Mia Sara shrine in my basement. Kidding! Jeez.

I promised to take some photos of my *prizes*. So here they are. Just a little glimpse. I think I liked the graphic for the pail just because of the “Three Cheers for George Wahsington”. I don’t know why. It made me chuckle. I do not feel very patriotic these days, but since I have a July 5th birthday, I feel some sort of obligation to bust out the red, white, and blue around this time. The one on the left will be delivered to Danielle, and the one on the right is on its way to Jessie! Thanks again girls for your comments.

Anyway, have fun, all! I am awaiting some special packages from A. Bel Emporium and Kitty-Craft. I am seriously an online shopping addict. I need to start up an Online Shoppers Anonymous group.

No comments: